Cadgile is an award winning, multi-disciplined Engineering Support Services provider, specialising in all forms of CAD design drafting. Forged from 12 years of dedicated service to the Mining, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Defence, Transportation and Construction environments, we have become the largest independent CAD drafting specialist in South Australia and we are set to expand.
During our time, we have developed leading processes and technologies and a progressive outset in order to remain at the forefront of design documentation executables.
We currently have a unique and immediate opportunity for a proven industry professional as a Technical Operations Manager, capable of delivering Cadgile’s drawing and design office expertise to a dynamic client base. Working as a key part of Cadgile’s executive team the incumbent will empower our experienced technical designers in surpassing client’s expectations and producing outstanding results.
Located in our Prospect office and reporting into the Managing Director, the primary focus of this position will be to champion the technical direction of Cadgile’s highly respected service offerings, whilst maintaining our competitive edge through innovative systems and processes. This role will also provide a vital link between our Business Development Manager (BDM) and our client base in order to enhance the seamless customer service and outstanding quality our clients have come to expect. The ideal candidate for this position will have a Continuous Improvement mindset, keen to take ownership of the position and drive new initiatives whilst respecting the framework within which it operates.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Management of the Drawing Office staff and workflow and deliverables
- Leadership and mentoring of the Drawing Office staff
- Management of technical queries and maintaining Cadgile’s technical edge through research and knowledge of the latest design tools
- Ensuring seamless Project Delivery for both large and small scale projects
- Account management of existing clients alongside the BDM
- Working closely with the BDM to identify sales opportunities, scope definition and estimation
- Draft, prepare and submit quotations
- Maintain and improve established processes and systems within the Cadgile team
In order to be considered for this position you will have:
- Knowledge of CAD systems and their workflows, i.e. AutoCAD, MicroStation, Inventor, SolidWorks. Revit, Plant 3D etc
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- A thorough understanding of the drafting process in an engineering field
- Experience in staff and workflow management
- Proven experience in stakeholder engagement
- Ability to communicate with clients on a technical level
- Understanding of a QA and Document Control process
- Understanding of the sales process in an engineering field
Sales experience in an engineering field, ideally supporting Mining, Resources or Oil & Gas Industries will be highly regarded.
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary package and the opportunity to work with a team of enthusiastic and dedicated professionals in a progressive environment.
Please feel free to contact Mike Walters on 0405 367 113 to discuss this role in greater details, alternatively apply with a cover letter & CV clicking through the link provided below.